Friday, November 27, 2020

Recording Artist Trynket: Painting a 'Picture' for her Fans with her Music

by Cyrus Webb

You never know where you are going to find something amazing. 

I saw an Instagram ad for recording artist Trynket's* single PICTURE (In My Brain) and was immediately mesmerized by it. I then went over to Amazon to get it for myself, and since then I have been a fan. 

What is so great about Trynket is that she gives her all in the music and it shows, from the single itself to the visual that accompanied it. At the time that we are going to print the video on Youtube has over 130k views. 

In early 2020 while in Los Angeles I had the privilege to meet up with Trynket in person to discuss her musical journey and the success of the single PICTURE (In My Brain).

"It's shocking," Trynket said to me when discussing the success of the single. "I did not expect that many people would be drawn to the song. It's really, really cool how positive everyone's been. It's really surprising."

Trynket told me that music has been a part of her life since she was a kid. "I started taking piano lessons when I was five, and then I started writing my own songs. I grew up singing in church, and then in college I started to play with different bands. It's been a long journey, and I've learned a lot...but I'm so happy that I get to do my own thing right now."

 She says a big part of what she is doing now is centered on storytelling. "When I was a kid I was writing my own stories, and then I discovered filmmaking when I was in college kind of by accident, I took an elective and from then on film has been a huge part of my life."

Though her talent is obvious to so many, Trynket says it's crazy to think about the support her music is getting. "I just never thought my music would reach like over 70 countries according to Spotify, but I'm just grateful," she explained. "I'm glad that it's resonating with people. There's so many artists and so much music out there. It's just cool that people are gravitating to my stuff."

And even if she wasn't getting the tremendous response that wouldn't stop Trynket. "I'm just so obsessed with creating," she expressed to me. "There were times definitely when fear kicked in," she explained. But that is when the self-talk took over. "During those times I remind myself I love this. I have to keep going. If I don't keep doing it, then I just feel like my soul dies. Just knowing that overrides the fear every time."

Though her plans have been adjusted due to the pandemic, look for more exciting updates from Trynket soon. She can be found on Instagram at www.instagram.com/trynketmusic

* Photos courtesy of Trynket in Los Angeles 2020 

No comments:

Post a Comment