Saturday, February 5, 2022

[To You, From Me] How Music Continues to Help Make the World Go 'Round

 

When Conversations Media Group published our last Music Issue I had no idea we would still be dealing with the pandemic to the extent that we have. Yet, as we begin 2022 here we are: trying to navigate a ever-changing world. So much has changed. So many have had to make changes. One constant for us all, though? The way that music continues to literally provide the soundtrack of our lives to help us keep going.

Whether you are looking for something to compliment your mood or lift you from where you are, the music that I found in 2021 definitely assisted me along the way. I had hoped to release this music issue to coincide with Grammy week. Due to the pandemic, however, the Grammys were pushed back, so I wanted to make sure I did my part to celebrate the artists that I have loved and believe will be great for your own playlist.

The two artists that really defined great music for me in 2021 are Caleb Lovely and sister-duo Neoni. I am glad to recognize them as our Artists of the Year and to provide a listing of the music I believe shaped 2021 in their own way. You will also find a profile of recording artist Alyst who is doing amazing things right now. I'm excited to see what he has in store for us in 2022.

As we continue to move forward I hope this issue reminds you that though we might seem like things are at a standstill, music is one of those things that keeps the world turning. It can uplift us, motivate us and inspire us as we move forward. All is not lost. As these artists show the best can still be yet to come. 


Happy Reading! 



Cyrus Webb, Editor-In-Chief 

Conversations Magazine/Conversations with Music Magazine/Mississippi Success Magazine



No comments:

Post a Comment