Thursday, November 25, 2021

Taylor Swift knows how to tell a story. I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE is honesty at its best

 

So many times in life and entertainment we try to find someone to blame for our actions. With I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE Taylor Swift flips the script and admits the mistakes she made in love.

This song is honesty at its best. "He was long gone when he met me, and I realize the joke is on me," she sings, appreciating that even when they were together, they really weren't. Wow. What a revelation. 

When we want to see the best in others, it can be hard to admit the truth that is right in front of us. As Taylor says, though, "The blame is on me." The signs were there. She just chose to ignore them. When the truth can't be denied, that is when the lightbulb really turns on bright. This comes through in the line: "And the saddest fear comes creeping in that you never loved me or her, or anyone, or anything." 

Lesson learned for sure. If something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. We've all been there, yet thanks to Taylor Swift we can sing about it---and pray we never make THAT mistake again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment