Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jessica Felman: Basking In The Light At The End Of The Tunnel


by Cyrus Webb

Her musical journey seemed to begin at the age of six when she wrote her first song. Now Pasadena, CA native Jessica Felman is performing in front of audiences, sharing her gift in a way that few will ever experience. "It's a great, rewarding experience," she told me in a phone interview for this edition. "I love music, and this is my way of sharing the truth of myself with others."

Raised on the Beatles and the classics, Jessica started off playing the guitar and has found a rhythm and style that fits who she is and seems to be resonating with others. The live shows, however, are something that she is still growing into. "I have to get used to the stage experience," she admits. "Every crowd is different, every place is different, and I am always thinking I want to do better and become better."

These feelings come in part to the way she feels about her family and the way they have reacted to her pursuing music. "They are all loving and supporting," she says. "I want to make them proud." That pride is something that not only those who know her feel but also those who are watching her progress and expand.

When talking about those who are also looking to go after their dreams, Jessica offers this great advice: "You have to have faith in yourself. If you have doubts, it's going to be a struggle. Never give up There is that light at the end of the tunnel."

The title of Jessica Felman's album is "Starting Over". It is available on I-Tunes and other online outlets. You can also keep up with her music and upcoming events at www.jessicafelman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment