Sunday, April 1, 2012

Vinson Baker, A Rising Star Hiding In Plain Sight


For Washington D. C. native Vinson Baker music is not just something he wants to do. It's something that he has to do.

When you ask him when he realized his passion Baker says that for as long as he can remember it has been a part of his life. It started showing itself when he would react to the beats of the music in church. "By the time I was a senior in high school I knew it was what I was meant to do," he told me.

The journey, however, has not been without its challenges. Vinson was part of a group that eventually broke up, and for a while he wasn't sure what he wanted to do next. "I have gone through so many ups and downs following my dream," he says. There was even a time when he "wanted to do something different", but admits that music was never far from him.

Today it really seems like the rising star has come full-circle and has embraced his gift. Currently he is promoting his album called Clark Kent. "These past six years have really taught me what to do, what not to do and how to appreciate the moment," says Vinson. "It's been a real process but it has made me a better artist."

The Clark Kent project is one that tells the story of what Vinson Baker has experienced and still sees sometimes in himself: a man with abilities hidden in plain sight who is capable of changing the world. Day by day it would seem that he is embracing that gift more and more.

Performing his music in public is a rush so is knowing that people are connecting with him through it. Vinson also uses social networking sites like Twitter to talk with his fans, introduce his music to new ears and share what he is doing next. "It's really me tweeting back," he told me. "Follow me and I follow back." This is all part of keeping him connected to those supporting him as well as letting them know how much he appreciates them.

As his star continues to rise, we will be seeing and hearing more from Vinson Baker in the future. To follow his journey visit www.vinsonbaker.com. He can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment