Friday, August 3, 2012

Recording Artist Vassy: Embracing All That The Universe Has To Offer


by Cyrus Webb

Recording artist Vassy is one independent artist that is not waiting on the major record companies to give her anything. She's creating music that is being heard around the world not just for her fans online but in major ad campaigns that include Victoria Secrets, Chevy, Nike, Diet Sprite and several televisions shows.  She's not just another pretty face. Originally from Australia but now living in LA, she is proof of what hard work will bring if you don't give up---and she is embracing all that the universe has to offer her.

"I am who I am," she told me in an interview on Conversations LIVE. That has been the mantra that has kept her relevant and focused. "You just have to do you," she says. "People are either going to connect with you or not. Just authentically be yourself and the people who are supposed to be around you will come."

And come they have: lovers of her music have popped up literally around the world. "My fans have been really supported," says Vassy. "They give me a lot of love and encouragement. When you've struggled and things haven't been easy they resonate with that and they admire it. It gives them hope of what they are able to do in their own lives."

Vassy is one of those people who recognized her purpose early in her life, though she admits that didn't make it easier. "I knew from a very young age that I had something to share," she told me. "Even though I knew at a young age it still took me a while to actually do it. It's never too late. As long as you're alive you still have time. I didn't choose this. It chose me."
Her single COULD THIS BE LOVE has become one of my favorite singles of the year, and her new album BEAUTIFUL DAY is available now. When I asked Vassy about what she hopes others will learn from her story and experiences she said this: "I tell people you have to believe in yourself and go for it, having the faith that your hard work will pay off. You're going to have your low days, but if you really want something just put it out there. Write your goals, make your vision board and start making it happen. As soon as you put it out in the universe the wheels are already in motion. Don't worry about making a Plan B. Put all your energy in making Plan A work."
Stay in contact with Vassy on at website www.kissmyvassy.com. Her music is available at your favorite online retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment