Friday, August 3, 2012

Lil' Scrappy: Back On His Grind and Staying There

There is nothing like being on top, and for national recording artist Lil' Scrappy he knows better than most.

Seen as the one of the first young crunk artists to emerge on the scene, his work ethic and love of music has kept him in the minds of his fans and fellow artists for years and now he is back with a new attitude towards the business and his mind on building up his empire.

As the new season of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta was gearing up, he stopped by Conversations LIVE radio show to talk with host Cyrus Webb and guest co-hosts recording artist Chamber and Real Deal Entertainment President Stanley Clark about the business, staying on his grind (or "grustle" as he likes to say) and what advice he has for other artists looking to make it.

LIL' SCRAPPY ON BEING THE BOSS:
"Music for me is a stress reliever. I get to do it, make money and run my business my way. I own my own label. Nobody is stopping me or over me trying to make me do something. To me that's a piece of paradise."

LIL' SCRAPPY ON STAYING ON THE GRIND:
"Before I took it as if it was going to always be there. I took it for granted. Today I know better. I will never stop or chill out again. I thought I could help everyone else get on and fall back, but I know now that's not the way it works. It's hard to get back up to where you were. You can't stop.

LIL' SCRAPPY ON BRANDING AND RESPECT:
"Branding everything I have going on is key. That way it's hard to forget you. When people see you working, they respect you. After all the hate, after all the black-balling, after everything that others say if you are still around and doing your thing they can't help but respect you."

LIL' SCRAPPY'S ADVICE FOR UP-AND-COMING ARTISTS:
"Make yourself as hot as possible before you try to go there (to the majors). Be yourself and be hot. It's all about originality. People get geeked over something that's real and original. Above all you need to put God first, pray and go work for your own self. That way when they (the majors) come at you you'll get paid what you're worth."

LIL' SCRAPPY ON FATHERHOOD:
"When my little girl came I knew I had to be there for her. That means I couldn't be behind no glass (jail), couldn't be in a grave. She's a little girl and she needs her daddy. When a little girl has her daddy she grows up a certain kind of way. Likewise when she doesn't have her daddy around she also grows up a certain kind of way, you feel me? Being a father made me tone down and handle my business. I have to be there to let her see how a man is supposed to treat her."

LIL' SCRAPPY ON SUCCESS:
"I put God first and thank Him for even having me in this area right now. My idea of success has definitely changed. Today I pray for happiness.

To stay up on everything that Lil' Scrappy and the Grustle Gang have going on follow them on Twitter at www.twitter.com/reallilscrappy or "Like" their Facebook Fan Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment