Monday, November 12, 2012

Recording Artist NeJcion: Enjoying the Fruit of His Labor

by Cyrus Webb

True passion breeds something special in the lives of those who embrace it. I've seen it for myself in my daily journey, and recording artist NeJcion has experienced it himself.

In 2012 he has celebrated the release of his album MY TURN featuring the romantic single for the ladies "Lost In You", but the year has not been without its bumps in the road and personal challenges.

Through it all NeJcion has shown himself to be a young man set on his goal and ready to take the gift he has been given as far as he can. Lovers of real music around the world are gravitating to his talent and the dedication he has to the craft.

During our conversation we discuss how he got to where he is, what it has been like to do what he loves, and what he wants you to know about finding the way to your own success.

NEJCION ON MUSIC:
 "It's been a love that I've always had since I was a little boy. I always wanted to be a star. I knew that was where I was supposed to be. It just about taking the steps to make it happen."

NEJCION ON THE ROAD TO THE TOP:
"It's hard. You have to put the work in. I love putting the work in, so I can enjoy the fruit of my labor. I use this as an example for others to go for their dreams no matter how many 'nos' you get."

NEJCION ON WHAT KEEPS HIM MOTIVATED:
"I am a firm believer in God. He would not give me a talent that He didn't want me to utilize. That has kept me driven. I want to be different than what I was showed. I love to sing, model act... I just want to make a difference. No matter what a person says to you stand firm to what you believe and go for it. "

NEJCION ON THE FANS:
"When it comes to my music I want them to feel what I felt when I was creating it. This is my life, so of course I want them to connect with me in a way that's real. "I can only have dreamed to have this. The important thing is that I know I'm having an impact on others. I'm very humbled by the fact that my music is touching people in ways I could only have imagined."


Though things have not always gone his way, NeJcion uses that as inspiration for moving forward and becoming better. "I have something I aspire to be because of what I've been through," he says. "Every day I try to utilize it to be stronger as a person and an artist."

The album MY TURN can be purchased now through online outlets like Amazon.com. Stay in contact with NeJcion at www.twitter.com/nejcion and find him on Facebook by searching "NeJcion". 

No comments:

Post a Comment