Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Necie B: Sharing What's Necessary to Keep the Faith

by Sabrina Andrews

Conversations LIVE radio show host Cyrus Webb calls recording artist Necie B the "Amy Grant of her generation" because of her amazing vocals, cross-over appeal and spiritual message. Giving the world songs full of hope, praise and themes that individuals of all ages can relate to, she has definitely tapped in to a way of worship that will draw music lovers young and old of any genre.

Webb talked with Necie B as she was promoting her new single NECESSARY, and she shared with him the road to where she is today. "I've been singing since I was about four years old," she told him. "Growing up in the church I had people like Yolanda Adams say to my mom 'This girl is going to be big.' I was going through some things early on, so it was hard to see what others saw. Three years ago, though, I began to see it. I realized that God promised me this. This is what I'm supposed to be doing. That gave me the confidence to move forward."

The beautiful young artist is now walking in that purpose, sharing that God-given gift and ability with the world, but it's not always as easy as you might think. "Doing anything when you have to put yourself out there brings some anxiety," Necie B told Webb. What helps her, though, is to remember that it's not about her. It's about those who are being helped and inspired by the words and the ministry of music. "That alone makes me enjoy what I do," she says. "The fact that people like it and want to hear me means so much."

Her album RUNAWAY LOVE is not available around the world and is full of messages that read almost like a love letter to God. Necie B wouldn't have it any other way, because she knows that's exactly where her trust and strength lie. "I've been entrusted with this gift," she says. "I've come to realize that if God gave you something to do, then he will also give you what you need to carry it through."

Necie B told Webb that the songs that minister to others speak to her in the same way, giving her the courage she needs. "That makes it easier to keep fighting and keep pushing," she says.

To find out more information about Necie B, her album and what's coming up visit www.necieb123.com. You can also follow her on Twitter at @inecieb.

No comments:

Post a Comment