Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Recording Artist Carl Brister: More Than A Conquerer

by Cyrus Webb

If there is one thing I have learned it is that gifts are not just for the one whom it has been bestowed upon. Take Gospel recording artist Carl Brister. He has discovered that his gift of music is not just to bring him attention but a form of lyrical salve designed to provide healing in the world.

He takes the commission he has been given seriously, and while we talked about his album UNDEFEATED he gave me a glimpse into the making of a man of God.

"I am humbled to be recognized for the gift but I give attention to where the gift came from," Brister explained. "God has given me something that connects with people. The music helps get people through a tough time or remind them of a great celebration in their life. I see this as an honor and big responsibility at the same time."

What was interesting during my time with Carl was that he told me his gift has been something that has evolved for him as well. "I think it was a process of knowing what I had been given," he says. "There wasn't just one particular time I could point to where I realized the fullness of it. I'm eventually coming to an understanding that something special happens when I operate in this talent. One thing that I was always sure of, though, was that I knew it was God working through me."

It is not just the crowds he is able to minister to in concerts and events but those who are able to enjoy the music and the message online as well. "With the internet and uses of technology you can reach people all around the world," says Brister. When he reflects on the importance of being obedient to God when it comes to the music, he sees the results as proof. "It makes me feel like I listened, and I got it right," he explained. "People will write me and say 'Your song got me through.' It's confirmation that I heard the Lord, and I followed him. He was right all the time."

One of the powerful tracks from Carl Brister is CHAMPION: "I wrote this song at a really challenging time," he told me. "I had to encourage myself. This came at a time when I needed a war cry. I needed to reaffirm who I was in Christ." The message is clear: W don't have to be defined by our circumstances. We are more than a conquerer. "I came to understand that all things are working together for the good of those who love Him," he says. "God loves me. Throughout it all I still win. Jesus is the chamption and through him we are all champions, too."

Carl Brister wants all of you to know that the only thing that has to define us is our faith. No matter what the enemy tries to put in your mind you can overcome.

Stay in contact with Carl Brister at www.facebook.com/carlbrister and www.carlbrister.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment