Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hip Hop Legend Warren G: Still In Love With Music

by Cyrus Webb

He appeared on the music scene over 20 years ago, and Grammy-nominated recording artist and producer Warren G is giving his fans music that they love and appreciate.

When I announced that I was going to be interviewing Warren G on Conversations LIVE radio show some thought it was outside of my normal realm of guests. I couldn't disagree more! What he has been able to do in music, television and movies over the years is not only inspirational, but shows all of us what is possible regardless what profession you are in.

When we got a chance to talk the internet was buzzing about his new single STILL IN LOVE. Some talked about it revealing a "softer side" of the rapper, but when I heard the song it was obvious that what he was talking about was not a woman but the love of his life: music. That is where we started the conversation, and Warren G took it from there...

WARREN G ON THE RESPONSE FROM HIS FANS
"It feels good. It let's me know I'm still doing a good job in this industry as far as making music. Every record I try to still make great music. It feels good that after 20 years I can still do my thing as an artist, have longevity and still make hit records."

WARREN G ON BEING RELATABLE 
"When it comes to my fans I am just like them. When I see people go through certain things I know I've been through the same thing. I can guide them through my music."

WARREN G ON STAYING RELEVANT
"When you are trying to make it as an artist you have to stay relevant. I communicate with my fans through Twitter and U-Stream. One thing I don't do is get into all the drama. Life is too short for that. I keep relationships with all the people I started with in the business. A lot of these people who are the heads of these companies they were with me when I was nothing, and they were just starting out. The key is to be a humble person, and try to steer people in the right direction."

WARREN G ON TREATING THE BUSINESS LIKE A BUSINESS
"This is how alot o f people survive. You have to be able to work. I'm not going to be stupid and mess up what I have going and get in trouble where people don't want to work with me.

"A lot of artists over-saturate themselves. Those that do you're not going to hear from them much longer. When it comes to me, if I like the artist I will reach out about working together."

WARREN G ON SUCCESS
"Be yourself. Make sure you have a good lawyer and a great manager. Most importantly don't change for nobody. Be you."

 Warren G's single STILL IN LOVE is available now. Look for the mixtape by the same name to be released soon. To stay in contact with Warren G visit www.warreng.com. You can also follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/regulator

No comments:

Post a Comment