Sunday, October 28, 2012

CONVERSATION PIECES: Recording Artist Trenyce

by Sabrina Andrews (with Cyrus Webb)

Her appeal is undeniable.

Many got to know Trenyce on Season 2 of American Idol, the platform that propelled her onto the world stage. The difference between her and so many others, however, is that she is still holding her own.

An accomplished recording artist who has gone on to do plays and concerts performing all over the world, Trenyce is not defined by the singing competition. If anything from there she has been moving onward and upward, sharing a gift that seems to know no bounds.

Cyrus Webb was privileged to spend some time with the songstress  a couple of months ago, and the first thing that came from the conversation was the gratitude that Trenyce feels for the opportunity she has to share her gift.

"I do feel absolutely blessed to have worked 10 years consistently," she said to Webb during her interview on Conversations LIVE. "A lot of  that is surrounding myself with really good people who believed in me from day one." Trenyce also discussed the discipline it takes to keep going, even in the face of difficulty. Referencing being a finalist on American Idol she told Cyrus and the listeners "There can only be one winner on the show. I have learned that being a winner is not a place in a race. It's about what you do with the spot that you're in and the circumstances that you're given.

"I know in my heart it's not about a number," she continued. "It's about accomplishing the goal that you've set out for yourself." If anything not winning American Idol was one of the best things that could have happened to the rising star. It made her that much more determined to follow her dream and be true to it.

"That is the ultimate goal," she shared. "All I wanted to do was sing. I didn't think about the politics of it. I've been singing in my room with a hair brush since I was 2 years old. The industry tells you that you're only as good as your last project. My thought was don't let American Idol be the last thing on your resume."

Sure enough that resume has grown quite a bit since Idol. Trenyce has shared the stage with actor Morris Chestnut and even been reunited with American Idol winner Ruben Studdard along her journey. With the opportunities have also come the rewards, including a Grammy nomination. With every event and milestone that comes her way she shares it with her fans both in person and online.

"I think that the #1 thing that keeps you going is the fans and the friendship you have with fans," she said to Webb. "Even through dark days there's always that email or blog that makes me realize that you're on your own path without all the extra. They allow me to breathe and vent when I need to. It's a great feeling to have your fans understand what you're going through and be on that road with you."

As she works on her album and continues to tour, Trenyce says that music has allowed her to stay in the light and not go into the darkness. "When I am in the studio I'm on a complete high. It's just me and the music. When I get in the studio I can be soulful and do what I know my voice is best for."

Trenyce believes that her career is built on the sincerity she brings to the craft and the realness she shares of herself. Music is her rebirth, and she invites others to find what it is that brings them to life. "It might take a long time to figure out where you fit in," she says, "but it's you that has to get you there."

Stay in contact with Trenyce on Twitter at www.twitter.com/trenyce and on Facebook by visiting  https://www.facebook.com/NYCELIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment