Monday, January 1, 2018

Cassandra Lucas: Encouraging the World to 'Give Love A Chance' Through Music

by Cyrus Webb

Many have gotten to know recording artist Cassandra Lucas from the group Changing Faces, but in my recent conversation with her it was obvious that her love for music began way before that.

She has gone from standing on her family's old-fashioned record player (the kind my family had sitting in the living room that looked like a piece of furniture) with hairbrush singing alongside her father to thrilling music lovers around the world.

"It's overwhelmingly humbling," Cassandra said about the experience of sharing her music with the world, especially with the technology at our disposal. "I can get to know them (the fans), and they can get to know me and hear my music. You can't ask for anything more than that. I'm just blessed."

Cassandra got her love of music honestly, her father was in a group when she was growing up. "I used to watch Soul Train with my dad," she says. "He brought music into my life." She loved it as a kid and when she went to High School her passion for it was solidified. Being around other creative individuals was a source of inspiration. "Everyone there was so driven," she told me.

In 2017 Cassandra shared two new singles with her fans: I LOVE YOU and GIVE LOVE A CHANCE, both of which have found an audience with music lovers around the world. I asked her why she thinks she has been able to strike such a chord with her audience. She says it is her appreciation for what everyone brings to the table. "Everyone plays a position," she says. "Sometimes people don't get that part. How you treat people is so important. You treat them how you want to be treated."

Look for Cassandra to be 'treating' her fans with more music in 2018. Stay connected with her journey on Facebook at www.facebook.com/iamcassandralucasand on Instagram at www.instagram.com/iamcassandralucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment