Thursday, November 27, 2014

Molly Sanden's FREAK is a hauntingly beautiful portrayal of how some fail to see the gift that they are

by Cyrus Webb

I heard about this song by Molly Sanden on Facebook, and as soon as I listened to the first verse I had to head over to Amazon to purchase it.

FREAK is a song that sums up what so many see when they look at themselves, and Molly Sanden delivers a hauntingly beautiful portrayal of their thoughts and feelings. "Am I alone with the thoughts that I have," she asks. "I'm afraid that I'm scared of myself. Am I the only one who doubts who I am? Wish I was someone else..."

How many of us have been there or know someone who has found themselves in that place? Sanden goes out to describe it as "everytime I try to fly it holds me to the ground." She realizes that "the enemy is inside of me," but she in the song she fails to realize that it doesn't have to be that way.

"Would be easier to fight someone else," she concludes. "It's impossible to hide from yourself."

Definitely a song that is a conversation piece in so many ways, FREAK by Molly Sanden reminds us of the importance of seeing the gift within yourself.

Stay connected with Molly at www.mollysanden.com and on Twitter at @MollySanden.

No comments:

Post a Comment